Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Here's book #2!! So book #2 in my challenge is The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Around Christmas time I came to this realization that I have been neglecting the classics of literature, and of course I wanted to fix that ASAP. I had a friend who had read The Scarlet Letter and immediately fallen in love with it. I decided my first classic should be The Scarlet Letter first, so my friend and I could have a discussion about it. To be honest, I couldn't really get into the story. There was a lot of descriptions, which can be great at times, but not enough dialogue between the characters. The book seemed to move at a slow pace. However, the last two chapters were by far my favorite part of the whole novel! Even though I had a hard time getting into the story, I still hold The Scarlet Letter in high respect. Who knows, maybe I will re-read this classic in the future, and notice things I didn't the first time around. If you guys enjoyed or didn't enjoy (and why)  The Scarlet Letter let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment