Sunday, March 1, 2015

Questions About Books Tag

I found this tag at Lauren Reads YA

1. What is your favorite book?

My favorite book is tied between The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. 

2. Who is your favorite author?

My favorite author would most likely be Sarah Dessen. I own and have read all of her novels so far. 

3. What genre do you prefer?

I prefer Young Adult, but branches of Young Adult would include suspense, horror, contemporary, paranormal, and historical fiction. 

4. What is your favorite book series?

I could say the popular answer, which is Harry Potter, but I am going to go with the Divergent trilogy as my favorite series. 

5. What books did you hate reading in school?

The books I have hated reading in school would include The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Hatchet. All three novels were filled with symbols, but I felt we were analyzing them way too hard. They were all great books in their own way I just felt that I had to be scouring the pages for meaning, which took away from the enjoyment of the stories. 

6. What is the first book you remember reading as a child?

I don't actually remember, but I assume it's The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. I'm only assuming, because I'm going off of what my mother has told me throughout the years. 

7. Bookstores or libraries?

Definitely bookstores. The bookstores around my house all have a decent size selection of young adult, especially compared to my library.

8. How many books do you own?

I own approximately 158 books as of right now. If I had done this tag in early October, I probably would have had around 350. Fall cleaning, anyone?

9. Do you read before bed?

I try to read at least two chapters before going to bed each night. Reading before I head off to bed helps my mind slow down and relax. 

10. What is your most comfortable reading position?

I prefer laying on my bed while I read, but sometimes I will sit at my desk. 

11. What is the most recent book you read?

I just finished I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson, and I am currently reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and Four Rubbings by Jennifer Hotes. 

12. What quote from any book will you never forget? Why is it significant?

I will never forget the quote "Stay gold, Ponyboy." This quote is from The Outsiders, and I interpret the quote as a gentle reminder to stay true to ourselves even when the odds are stacked against us. 

13. Science Fiction or Fantasy?

I have read a few Fantasy novels, so I guess I'll go with Fantasy. I'm definitely not a Science Fiction type of girl, but who knows maybe someday I'll fall in love with the genre. 

14. Which books do you regret reading?

I don't really regret reading any books. I have definitely read my fair share of mediocre and terrible books, but I still finished those books as a changed person. That sounds extremely corny reading back over that. Oh well. What I am trying to say here is that even the worse books out there can teach you something along the lines of preferences of writing style, new knowledge about an event in time, or what kind of pace you like to read. 

15. How large is your bookshelf?

My bookshelf is from Ashley's Furniture store, and has four shelves on it to hold my books. I also have two wooden crates/shelves that hold some random books. 

16. On average, how many books do you read per year?

I believe I average around 60 books per year. 

17. What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier without a doubt. 

18. Do you like to read outside?

Yes! Reading outside is one of the main reasons why I get so excited for spring and summer to arrive. 

19. What's the biggest lesson you've learned from a book?

Stay true to yourself, but don't be afraid to grow from your mistakes. 

20. Of the past year, what is the greatest book you've read?

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson by far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment